LGI Homes + Sherwin-Williams
Make Your House A Home Sweepstakes
The following content constitutes the Official Rules for the LGI HOMES + Sherwin-Williams Make Your House A Home Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO AND U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND GOVERN YOUR ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
1. Sweepstakes Period. The LGI HOMES + Sherwin-Williams Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 8:00AM on 10/14/2022, and ends at 11:59PM on 10/24/2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All Entries (as defined below) must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s computer (or that of its designee for this Sweepstakes) is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Eastern Standard Time.
2. Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is administered and sponsored by LGI HOMES, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Sponsor may be contacted at 1450 Lake Robbins Drive, Suite 430, The Woodlands, TX 77380.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions) (the “Sweepstakes Territory”), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and have a valid email address at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, The Sherwin-Williams Company and each of their respective parents or affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and third party fulfillment or judging agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their respective immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and members of the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must also have access to the internet and a valid, public Instagram account.
4. How to Enter. At the start of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will post to its Instagram account (@LGIHOMES) a post detailing the Sweepstakes that includes Sponsor’s logo, Sherwin-Williams’ logo and the name of the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Post”). To enter, you must use your Instagram account to do each of the following:
(1) Comment on the Sweepstakes Post and tag a friend with a valid Instagram account in the comments below the Sweepstakes Post, and
(2) “Like” the Sweepstakes Post, and
(3) if you do not already, follow Sponsor’s Instagram account (@LGI HOMES) and the Sherwin-Williams Instagram account (@sherwinwilliams).
Once you have completed each of the foregoing steps, you will receive one (1) “Entry” and be considered an “Entrant”. After submitting your first Entry, you may comment on the Sweepstakes Post and tag a different friend (also with valid Instagram accounts) in the comments up to five (5) additional times, for a total of up to six (6) Entries. You may only receive a maximum of six (6) Entries.
Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
Only those “Comments” from valid Instagram accounts will be considered valid Entries. If you do not have an Instagram account, you may visit https://www.instagram.com/ or download the free Instagram app and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Instagram account. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you hereby release Instagram from any and all liability in connection with the Sweepstakes. You acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
Each Entrant represents and warrants that (a) as of the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period, Entrant is at least 18 years of age and a resident of the Sweepstakes Territory; (b) Entrant has read, and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules; (c) based on these Official Rules, Entrant is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes; and (d) all of the information provided in connection with an Entry is accurate, does not violate any third party’s legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity), and otherwise does not violate applicable law.
5. General Entry Conditions. Multiple participants may not use the same Instagram account. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account will be deemed to be the Entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The Potential Winner (as defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized Instagram account holder and, in the absence of proof acceptable to Sponsor, a Potential Winner may be disqualified. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram. All Entries will be provided to and become the property of the Sponsor (subject to each Entrant’s rights in his or her personal information) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all information submitted by Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes may be shared by the recipient Sweepstakes Entity with all other Sweepstakes Entities. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified; for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise; or any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering, participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to, a computer virus, bug, or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes, or acting in violation of these Official Rules or applicable law. Entries delayed past the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
6. Potential Winner Selection. On or about 10/22/2022, one (1) or more representative(s) or designee(s) of Sponsor will randomly select ONE potential winner (the “Potential Winner”) from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in accordance with these Official Rules.7. Sweepstakes Winner Notification. The Potential Winner will be notified via direct message on Instagram within THREE days of the date of the Potential Winner’s selection or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. The Potential Winner must follow instructions given by Sponsor or its designated agent, including, but not limited to, responding to such notification with requested information, within THREE DAYS of receiving such notification. Awarding any Prize is subject to verification of the Potential Winner’s eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules. Once the Potential Winner complies with all instructions given by Sponsor, and the Potential Winner’s eligibility and compliance is verified, such Potential Winner will be deemed the “Winner” of the Sweepstakes. If (1) the Potential Winner cannot be contacted as specified above; (2) any notification is returned as undeliverable; or (3) a Potential Winner is deemed ineligible for any reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such Potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected in his/her place from among all remaining eligible Entries at Sponsor’s discretion.
The Winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (the “Affidavit”), where permitted and applicable. The Affidavit will be provided to the Winner at the same time the Winner is notified pursuant to this Section 7 (or within a reasonable time thereafter), and must be returned to Sponsor fully executed before the Prize will be awarded. By completing, signing and returning the Affidavit, the Winner: (a) releases and forever discharges Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes or to arise by use of a Prize; and (b) confirms compliance with these Official Rules.
8. Sweepstakes Prize. The Winner will receive a LGI HOMES + Sherwin-Williams Prize Pack (the “Prize”) including:
The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize is $250.00 USD.
All Prizes under the Sweepstakes are awarded “AS IS”. Sponsor makes or offers no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with the Sweepstakes or any Prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize consists only of the items listed herein, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption, substitution or extension except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Federal, state, or local taxes on Prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees or expenses not listed above are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner should allow FOUR weeks for delivery of the Prize.
9. Odds. The odds of becoming the Winner depend on the number of eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period.
10. Publicity & Marketing. By submitting an Entry in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant expressly (a) assigns and transfers irrevocably in perpetuity to Sponsor the entire worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Entry, including without limitation all associated text, photo, graphical, audio and video content, any right or claim of publicity or privacy therein, and any and all intellectual or industrial property rights, whether in the nature of patent, trademark, copyright, design, utility model, trade secret or moral rights, and whether actual and subsisting or potential or otherwise prospective, in and to any and all of such content, and further including the right to reproduce, broadcast, disseminate, and otherwise use the Entry in whole or in part in any way and for any purpose whatsoever and to create, reproduce, broadcast, disseminate, and otherwise use condensations, compilations and derivative works therefrom, and (b) grants to Sponsor the right to reproduce, broadcast, disseminate and otherwise use the Entrant’s name, biography, image, likeness, voice, persona, opinions, statements, comments, or any imitation or facsimile of any thereof, for purposes of advertising and trade, in any medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
11. No Liability & Indemnification. Neither Sponsor, The Sherwin-Williams Company nor Instagram are responsible for, and each Entrant releases Sponsor, The Sherwin-Williams Company and Instagram from, any failures of any kind, whether caused by computer, technical, or human error, which may either limit the Entrant’s ability to submit an Entry, claim or collect a Prize, or otherwise participate in the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor’s ability to include all eligible Entries, conduct random drawings, notify any Potential Winner, or otherwise execute the Sweepstakes in the manner intended. Entrants further release and agree to indemnify Sponsor, The Sherwin-Williams Company and Instagram, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever arising from injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to: (a) the receipt, ownership or use of any Prize awarded; (b) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or any other materials disseminated by Sponsor; and (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications, line failure, regardless of cause, with any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers used by an Entrant, Sponsor and/or Instagram. Sponsor, The Sherwin-Williams Company and Instagram will have no liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third party product or service accepted by the Winner. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/email submitted to Sponsor. As a condition of participating, Entrants agree that (1) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees.
12. Other Terms. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice and at any time, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof. The Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, lost network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit an Entrant’s ability to participate and/or redeem prizes in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrants to the fullest extent of the law. The laws of the State of Texas shall exclusively govern the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that the Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, as applicable, or to disqualify any Entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any Entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.13. Request for Names of Prize Winner and Official Rules. For a list of the Winner and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at 1450 Lake Robbins Drive, Suite 430, The Woodlands, TX 77380. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and the name of the Winner must be made by 11:59PM on 11/24/2022. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or “Prize Winner”. A copy of the Winner’s name will only be made available in response to any such requests after the Winner has taken delivery of the Prize.