2023 LGI Giving Recap
Highlights from the Past Year
Habitat for Humanity
In 2023, we sponsored the first-ever Blitz Build in Montgomery County. The Blitz Build is an incredible event where 4 homes are built from the ground up over the course of only 5 days! We were able to take our experience and deep-rooted relationships with our local trade partners and give the dream of homeownership to 4 deserving families. To learn more about the Blitz Build and to watch a time lapse video of this inspiring event, visit Habitat for Humanity’s website.
In addition to the Blitz Build, LGI Homes also committed over $100,000 in donations to Habitat for Humanity in 2023. This included donating to Habitat for Humanity’s Home Repair initiative, matching up to $10,000 in donations during October for World Habitat Month and sponsoring the annual Habitat for Humanity gala, which raised over $780,000. Additionally, employees of LGI Homes spent 11 days volunteering at a build site or at the Habitat ReStore.
Service Impact Day
The hallmark of LGI Giving, Service Impact Day is a day when LGI Homes closes every office across the country and dedicate to day volunteering in our local communities. This year, Service Impact Day was held on May 11, 2023. On this day, we recorded over 8,000 volunteer hours with 57 non-profit organizations across the country. Additionally, over $400,000 was donated to these organizations to further aid them with their missions. Below is a sample of some of the ways our employees spent the day:
- Sorted through donation items to be distributed to homeless or needy veterans for Yuba-Sutter Veterans Stand Down.
- Patched and painted walls, installed shelves and a Lego wall for The Sensory Center.
- Redid and painted interior walls, added a water-proofing mechanism to the barn to prevent mold, replaced a storm door and built new raised gardens for Freedom Farm.
- Cleaned up the camp, helped with trail maintenance and rebuilt the campfire ring for YMCA Camp Carter.
- Repainted 6 dugouts and landscaped the fields and surrounding area for Belen Little League.
- Renovated the bird aviary, doubled the size of the tortoise enclosure, constructed a shelter at the goat barn and made cozy blankets for the indoor animals at Rescue Ranch.
This is just a short list of the many ways that our employees helped our local communities during Service Impact Day! We truly appreciate the numerous organizations who let us join them for the day.
In April 2023, we were honored to receive the Governor’s Volunteer Award for Corporate Volunteering Champion for the work we did with SIRE and Habitat for Humanity in 2022. We appreciate SIRE for nominating us for this prestigious award and are extremely proud to be recognized for our dedication to giving back to the community.
We are grateful to have the opportunity to give back to our community, whether it be through financial donations or hours spent volunteering. Our Service Impact Day is scheduled for May, and we look forward to partnering with many more incredible organizations in 2024!