Amenity Rich Homes
In The Growing City of Richmond
In the Richmond area, LGI Homes, single-family communities have homes for families of every size. Located just outside the city, each community has easy access to the freeways. Plus, enjoy a brand-new home with a chef-ready kitchen, stunning master and low monthly payments with LGI Homes as your Richmond homebuilder.
An Exciting Place To Live
- #1 'Top 5 Real Estate Investment Markets in Virginia' (Clever, 2022)
- #1 'Fastest Growing Real Estate Markets in Virginia (Aceable, 2021)
- #7 'The Best Places to Live in Virginia in 2022' (Apartment Guide)
- #9 'The Best Places to Live on the East Coast 2021 - 2022' (US News)
- Richmond is in the '10 Cities to Watch in 2020' (Worth)
- Top employers are Capital One Financial Corp., Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, HCA Virginia Health System, Dominion Virginia Power, SunTrust Banks Inc., Altria Group Inc., Amazon, Wells Fargo, Dupont & Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Top Richmond attractions include Maymont, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, The American Civil War Museum, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Kings Dominion, Carytown, Richmond Breweries & Virginia State Capitol.
Frequently Asked Questions
Continue reading for answers to frequently asked questions about our homes, community and the area.
When was Richmond, VA, established?
Where is Richmond located in Virginia?
Richmond is in the central part of Virginia, in the eastern region of the United States. It's on the banks of the James River, which flows through the city. Richmond is approximately 100 miles south of Washington, D.C., and about 70 miles west of Virginia Beach.
What are some major industries in Richmond?
Richmond's diverse economy has several major industries contributing to its growth and development, including healthcare, knowledge-based services, biotechnology, finance, manufacturing, government and education.
What are some high-ranking school districts in Richmond?
According to Niche.com's 2023 rankings of the best school districts in the Richmond, VA area, Goochland County Public Schools earned the #1 spot with Powhatan County Public Schools, Chesterfield County Public Schools, The Henrico County Public Schools and Colonial Heights City Public Schools ranking 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively.
Are there any family-friendly attractions in Richmond?
Richmond has a variety of attractions that are kid-friendly, educational and fun for families. The Virginia Museum of History and Culture, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, G-Force Carts, Black History Museum and Cultural Center, William Byrd Park and The Science Museum of Virginia are a handful of family-friendly attractions in the Richmond area. Additionally, several outdoor activities can be enjoyed, such as kayaking on the James River, visiting one of the city's many parks and The Belle Isle.
What is Richmond known for?
Richmond is one of the oldest cities in America and has a long-storied past. Aside from being the capital of Virginia, Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy during the civil war and is home to many historical buildings, impressive cathedrals and churches and landmarks, including the Virginia War Memorial, Hollywood Cemetry and the Fan - an old neighborhood complete with historic homes and mansions from the 19th and 20th centuries.