Coastal Living at Its Finest
Your New Home Is Waiting
LGI Homes has exceptional neighborhoods in the Wilmington area with curb appeal and open-concept floor plans. There are various single-family detached new home options for families of different sizes. LGI residences in Wilmington offer three and four bedrooms and as many as 2,358 square feet. Every new home includes a chef-ready kitchen, integrated technology, upgraded flooring, LED ENERGY STAR lights, Whirlpool® appliances and many more designer upgrades and finishes.
Something for Everyone
- #3 'Best Places to Live in North Carolina in 2022' (Bankrate)
- #4 'The 9 Coolest Cities in North Carolina' (Trips to Discover, 2022)
- #20 'The 20 Most Affordable Places to Live on the East Coast' (MoneyInc, 2021)
- Major employers include Dell Laboratories, PPD, DAK Americas, Quintiles, Corning, GE/Hitachi Nuclear, Verizon, AAI Pharma and Time Warner Cable
- Major attractions include Battleship North Carolina, Airlie Gardens, Bellamy Mansion Museum, The Riverwalk, Cape Fear Museum of History and Science, Cape Fear and Brunswick Island
- Wilmington has a state port, regional teaching hospital and International Airport (ILM)
Frequently Asked Questions
Continue reading for answers to frequently asked questions about our homes, community and the area.
Which county is Wilmington in?
Wilmington is the county seat of New Hanover County, North Carolina.
What is famous about Wilmington?
Wilmington is known for its historic downtown, beautiful riverwalk and gateway to the beaches of the Cape Fear Coast. It's also home to the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial. Furthermore, it has been a popular filming location, hosting numerous movies and television shows like One Tree Hill and Dawson's Creek.
How far is Wilmington from the beach?
Wilmington is very close to several well-known beaches. Wrightsville Beach, one of the most popular, is about 10 minutes east of downtown Wilmington. Kure Beach (15.5 miles), Carolina Beach (12.3 miles), Oak Island (35 miles) and Topsail Island (38.7 miles).
The distances to the beaches mentioned above were estimated using Google Maps.