Surrounded by Natural Beauty
Find Your New Home
LGI Homes is now selling one and two-story single-family homes in Martinsburg. We have new home styles and sizes for every family. Discover modern and open floor plans, superior construction and designer appointed homes, fully upgraded, at no extra cost to you!
Close To Everything
- #2 '2022 Places with the Lowest Cost of Living in Berkeley County' (Niche)
- #2 'Fastest growing cities in West Virginia 2022' (stacker)
- #8 '2022 Most Diverse Places to Live in West Virginia' (Niche)
- Largest employers Macy’s Corporate Services, Inc., Wal-Mart Associates, Inc., Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company & Orgill, Inc.
- Welcoming small-town atmosphere
- Located just outside several major metropolitan areas
- Abundant employment opportunities nearby
- Located near historic Civil War battlefields at Antietam and Harpers Ferry
- MARC Commuter Rail connections to the District of Columbia
Frequently Asked Questions
Continue reading for answers to frequently asked questions about our homes, community and the area.
How did Martinsburg get its name?
Martinsburg was named after Colonel Thomas Bryan Martin, a nephew of Virginia landowner Thomas Fairfax, 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron, who happened to be George Washington's mentor and friend.
Is Martinsburg a town or a city?
Martinsburg is a city in West Virginia and acts as the county seat of Berkeley County. The city became an official town in 1778; in 1868, Martinsburg became a city.
What makes Martinsburg one of the fastest-growing cities in West Virginia?
Martinsburg has become the largest city in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia and forms part of the rapidly expanding Hagerstown–Martinsburg metropolitan area. Martinsburg's population increased from 17,227 in 2010 to 18,781 in 2020. This growth can be attributed to Martinsburg's strategic location, affordable housing, economic opportunities and connection to historical sites, making it a desirable place to live and work.
Can you explain the LGI buying process for homes in Martinsburg?
The LGI buying process for homes in Martinsburg is simple and easy to understand. At LGI Homes, everything homebuyers need is under one roof, including financing and guidance from experienced New Home Consultants. With immediate move-in opportunities and a focus on customer satisfaction, LGI Homes ensures a seamless transition into your dream home.
What kind of homes does LGI Homes have in Martinsburg?
As of October 2023, in Martinsburg, LGI Homes has affordable and spacious 3-bedroom townhomes starting in the mid $200s and single-family detached residences priced from the low $300s to the mid $400s.
What are the energy-efficient appliances and upgrades included in LGI Homes in Martinsburg?
The energy-efficient features include:
- Energy Star Certified appliances.
- Programmable thermostats.
- LED lighting.
- Double-pane Low-E windows.
- High-efficiency HVAC systems.
- Insulation upgrades.
These elements reduce energy consumption and provide homeowners with a more comfortable living environment.