A Charming Place to Call Home
New Homes for Sale in Athens
Athens is a college town in northeast Georgia, located just 70 miles outside of downtown Atlanta. It's known for its historic home museums, Antebellum architecture, live music events and local craft breweries. The town boasts a mixed economy with career opportunities in tourism, manufacturing, retail, education and health care.
In Athens, LGI Homes is committed to style, value and service. Our new homes include a 10-year structural warranty, integrated technology and interior and exterior upgrades at no extra cost. Visit us in Athens to learn why thousands of families decide to make LGI Homes their home builder each year.
Small Town, Big Living
- #1 'The 30 Most Charming Small-Town Downtowns in America' (HGTV, 2022)
- #6 'The Best Small Places for Business and Careers (Forbes, 2019)
- #32 'The 2020 Top 100 Best Places to Live in America' (Livability)
- Ranked on 'The 16 Best College Football Towns in the Nation' (247Sports, 2021)
- Home to the University of Georgia, one of the oldest public universities in the country
- Major attractions include the downtown area, Athens Institute for Contemporary Art, Sanford Stadium, Georgia Museum of Art, the T.R.R. Cobb House and Bear Hollow Zoo
We're Not There Yet
But we may be soon! To search through our new home communities around the country, adjust your criteria, or click here to Search by Map.