Outdoor Adventures Await
Find Your New Home in Tucson
LGI Homes has stylish, open-concept floor plans with exquisite exteriors in Tucson. Plus, every home is fully appointed with premium upgrades, smart features and backed by a 10-year warranty on us. Visit us in Tucson for the best value in homebuilding.
- #14 'America's Best Places to Live in 2022' (Bankrate)
- #17 'The Best Cities for Living an Active Lifestyle' (TheStreet, 2022)
- 700 miles of designated bikeways, number one city in the nation for bicycle infrastructure
- Major employers include University of Arizona, Raytheon Missile Systems, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, State of Arizona and Wal-Mart Stores Inc
- Surrounded by five small mountain ranges
- 80 aerospace firms have a presence in Tucson
Frequently Asked QuestionsContinue reading for answers to frequently asked questions about our homes, community and the area.
When was Tucson Founded?
What's the weather like in Tucson?
What is the population of Tucson, Arizona?
How did Tucson get its name?
Tucson gets its name from the Tohono O'odham Indian's name for the Sentinel Mountains. Tsiuk-shan or Tucson means 'black base.' The base of Sentinel Mountain is darker than its summit.
What is Tucson, Arizona known for?
Where is Tucson located in Arizona?
Tucson is located in the southeastern part of Arizona, about 60 miles from the border with Mexico and just over 100 miles from Phoenix. It is situated in the Sonoran Desert and surrounded by five mountain ranges.